Please note: when you begin this online application, you will be unable to save the application and return to it later.
Your application will expire after 30 minutes of inactivity and you will need to start again, so BEFORE you start, have the following information ready to upload and submit.
- Contact details of each parent (e-mail and phone number). Both parents are responsible for registering the birth of their child and both must consent to the information provided on this form.
If the other parent is unknown or is unable or unwilling to sign, please contact Births, Deaths and Marriage for advice on (03) 6165 3450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baby's full name
- Date and place of baby's birth
- Baby's weight in grams
- Full names, place of birth, occupation and address of both parents
- Clear, readable scan or photo of ID (3 pieces) for both parents
- Parent's marriage of relationship details
- Details of other children of the mother and other parent and/or just the mother
If you wish to apply for a birth certificate
- You will need to provide your credit card information including cardholder name, number on the card, expiry date and CVV number.
If you are unable to complete the birth registration form online, please contact Births, Deaths and Marriages for a paper copy.
Additional help is available by contacting the following organisations.
Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania
Website www.mrctas.org.au (external link)
Phone 03 6221 0999
Australian Government National Relay Service www.communications.gov.au (external link)