Applying online for a certificate – your checklist
Christmas and New Year Processing Times - Please be advised all priority applications received between 2pm Tuesday 24th December to 1st January 2020 will be processed on the 2nd of January 2020. Standard applications will be processed as soon as possible from the 2nd January 2020.
Please note: when you begin this online application, you will be unable to save the application and return to it later.
Your application will expire after 30 minutes of inactivity and you will need to start again, so BEFORE you start, have the following information ready to upload and submit.
- The type of certificate/s you need. For example birth, death, marriage, change of name or relationship.
- Applying on someone else’s behalf? You will need to provide evidence that you are authorised to do this. Have a scanned copy of this evidence ready to upload. Check who can apply for a certificate.
- Evidence confirming who you are ready to upload. Check the identification documents you will need.
- If you have changed your name, you will need to upload evidence, to help us confirm that you are eligible to apply.
- Your credit card information including cardholder name, number on card, expiry date and CVV number – check the fee.
- Your contact details (e-mail and phone number).
- Reason for your application. For example passport, ID, marriage, estate purposes.
- Mailing address.
When will I receive my certificate
- We process standard applications in 3-5 days and send the certificate by registered post to the address you provide. Check Australia post website for fees and delivery times
- If required, we offer a same day processing service for an extra fee.
If you need help using the online application please contact us.