Tasmanian Government Logo
Link to the Tas government site


Adopted persons, adoptive parents, natural parents or a relative of an adopted person may request information about adoptions by contacting the Adoption Information Service, Department of Health & Human Services.

Applying for Birth, Death or Marriage Certificates from Births, Deaths and Marriages

You can apply for any of the above certificates by:

  • filling out a Birth, Death or Marriage certificate application form
    (Acrobat Reader is needed to open these forms - download free copy)
  • providing the required Certificate of Interview or Section 80 letter (from Adoption Services)
  • providing proof of identity
  • paying the fee
  • All applications are subject to the Access Policy.

Please note: Information about an adoption can only be provided to an adopted person who is at least 18 years of age, unless written permission is given by their parent/s.