Late birth registration

Register a birth after 12 months

If you think that your birth or the birth of your child is not registered, you will need to apply for a birth certificate. This will confirm whether a record of birth exists.

If you receive a Certificate of No Record, you will need to forward the following documentation to the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages:

  • A letter from the hospital (if the birth occurred before December 2000).
  • A completed Birth Registration Statement that must be signed by both parents.
  • Documentation verifying the full given names (as close to the time of birth as possible).
  • The original Certificate of No Record.
  • Details of your postal address and a daytime contact phone number.
  • The Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages may require additional information in some cases.

If you need more details about the late registration process, please contact us.

Updated: 29th April 2019