Register a birth after 12 months
If you think that your birth or the birth of your child is not registered, you will need to apply for a birth certificate. This will confirm whether a record of birth exists.
If you receive a Certificate of No Record, you will need to forward the following documentation to the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages:
- A letter from the hospital (if the birth occurred before December 2000).
- A completed Birth Registration Statement that must be signed by both parents.
- Documentation verifying the full given names (as close to the time of birth as possible).
- The original Certificate of No Record.
- Details of your postal address and a daytime contact phone number.
- The Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages may require additional information in some cases.
If you need more details about the late registration process, please contact us.