Community Corrections Tasmania
Community Corrections supervise individuals who are sentenced to the following Court Orders;
- Community Correction Order, which can include supervision and/or community service.
- Parole Order
- Drug Treatment Order
- or a Home Detention Order
We are also responsible for conducting Assessments and preparing the following Court Reports for;
- Pre-Sentence (PSRs)
- Pre-Parole (PPRs) for the Parole Board
- Home Detention
- Court Mandated Drug Diversion Suitability
- and Community Service Suitability
We contribute to a Safe, Fair and Just Tasmania by working with offenders through a combination of support and accountability to inspire positive change in their lives.
Our Core activities include;
- Supervising offenders to ensure compliance with community based orders
- Preparing reports for the Courts and Parole Board
- Case managing and supporting offenders
- Delivering Programs to reduce re-offending
- Partnering with Stakeholders to assist Re-Integration
Our overarching vision is to be recognised as a leader in the provision of Community Based Corrective Services.
Community Corrections are committed to achieving the goals within Breaking the Cycle: A Strategic Plan for Tasmania Corrections 2011-2020. For a copy of this strategic plan for the whole of Corrective Services in Tasmania you can visit the Breaking the Cycle web page.