Got a fine
- If you have received an infringement notice or a court fine, don't ignore it.
- The notice you receive will tell you what options you have.
- You have only 28 days to comply with the conditions on the notice.
- If you do nothing, you will receive an enforcement order after 28 days.
- An enforcement order will cost you more and allow enforcement sanctions to be imposed against you.
- Payment in full at any time will halt enforcement action.
The penalties add up quickly (as shown below)
|Infringement notice||(original value must be paid within 28 days)||$173.00|
|Enforcement fees||+||enforcement order (After 28 days)||$86.50|
|+||driver licence suspension||$51.90|
|+||vehicle registration suspension||$51.90|
|+||publish the amount you owe on the MPES website||$51.90|
|+||enforcement warrant fee to seize and sell your property||$173.00|
If you do nothing, your original $173.00 infringement notice could become a penalty of $588.20.
Dont let this happen to you! Pay online now