Community Corrections is part of the Department of Justice. We are responsible for managing individuals sentenced to the following Court Orders;
- Community Corrections Orders, which can include Supervision or Community Service
- Drug Treatment and
- Home Detention.
Community Corrections services are provided through a number of offices located state-wide.
The Major Functions of Community Corrections Include:
- Providing the Magistrates Courts and Supreme Courts with assessments and Pre-Sentence Reports (PSRs);
- Providing the Parole Board with Pre-Parole Reports (PPRs);
- Supervision of individuals sentenced to Court Orders
- Case management of individuals that focuses on exploring and confronting offending behaviour with the aim of reducing re-offending;
- Facilitating group programs and interventions aimed at reducing re-offending;
- Returning offenders to court on breach/review action in response to order non-compliance.