A range of activities and opportunities are offered to prisoners while they are in custody. These can include:
- employment (e.g. bakery, laundry, kitchen, woodwork shop, tailorshop, farming, gardening, community work, cleaning);
- education (a range of educational opportunities are provided, including courses delivered by the Tasmania Prison Service (TPS), TAFE Tasmania and the University of Tasmania);
- programs (including targeted offence-related programs as well as other programs to assist prisoners);
- sport and recreation (including a range of individual and team-based activities and competitions);
- library (materials and services provided by the State Library of Tasmania).