Department of Justice Values
We are a values based organisation that aims to foster supportive and productive workplaces. Our values are a representation of who we are as an agency and what we want to be known for in the Tasmanian Community.
- Influence policy, practices and service delivery
- Help form and strengthen our collective identity as an Agency
- Influence how we engage with colleagues, clients and external organisations
- Create a productive and supportive work environment for all DoJ employees
- Set an expected level of employee behaviour
We are honest, ethical, reliable, and fair in everything we do.
- Be equitable and free from bias in our actions
- Follow policies and procedures
- Speak up when something doesn’t seem right
- Actively work to build trust and confidence in our services
We treat our colleagues, stakeholders and clients with courtesy and value the diverse experiences of others.
- Treat everyone with kindness and sensitivity
- Seek and provide constructive feedback
- Truly listen, seek to understand and acknowledge contributions of others
- Create a positive work environment and push back on disrespectful behaviours
We are transparent, take ownership for our actions and acknowledge the responsibility we have to our colleagues, stakeholders and clients.
- Follow through on the commitments we have made
- Continuously work to improve the services we provide
- Acknowledge our mistakes and actively work to resolve them
- Clearly communicate our decisions and actions
We enable our colleagues, clients and stakeholders to be respected, valued and treated equitably.
- Value and respect the contributions, needs and experience of others
- Consider the diverse needs of colleagues, clients and stakeholders in everything we do
- Create safe workplaces that are free of discrimination
- Work with our people to provide flexibility where we can
We actively engage with our colleagues, stakeholders and clients to make informed decisions that benefit the Tasmanian community.
- Seek the views of others, connect and work together to problem solve
- Actively work within and across teams to achieve goals
- Share information to shape ideas together
- Invest the time to develop healthy, supportive workplace relationships
Where to next