Victims of Crime Service
Contact the Victims of Crime Service on 1300 300 238
You can access the following services:
- personal support, counselling and information
- referral to appropriate community services and resources
- information about the criminal justice system
- support for people attending court
- assistance with Victim Impact Statements
- information and assistance with Victims of Crime Assistance applications
- information on custody, bail and parole processes
- advocacy for victims rights
Services are available statewide and we have offices in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie.
Victims of Crime services can be arranged for people in rural and remote areas.
All services are free and confidential.
The Victims of Crime Service was established through cooperation between the Department of Justice and Tasmanian Police to meet the needs of victims of crime in Tasmania.
The Victims of Crime Service operates within Victims Support Services, Department of Justice and supports people to deal with personal and practical problems associated with the impact of crime, to allow them to regain control of their lives.