About Victims Support Services
Victims Support Services is part of the Department of Justice and began operation on 1 July 2001. The Unit is dedicated to victims of crime.
We are responsible for:
- the administration of the Eligible Persons Register (previously known as the Victims Register) and the provision of information to victims from that Register
- liaison between the victim and other divisions of the Department of Justice
- operation and management of the Victims of Crime Service
- provision of information to victims regarding court processes
- the provision of the Court Support and Liaison Service for victims of family violence (as part of the 'Safe at Home' project)
- co-ordination of Victim/Offender Mediation in a limited number of appropriate cases
- administration of Victims of Crime Assistance (financial assistance for victims of crime) and the provision of assistance to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Commissioners.
Should you wish to give feedback or make a complaint regarding the service that has been provided to you by the Victims Support Service you can call 03 6165 7524 and request to speak to the Manager, or alternatively you can email us.