Acting Registrar: Sally Bridge
The Resource Management and Planning Appeal Tribunal is an independent statutory body set up under the Resource Management and Planning Appeal Tribunal Act 1993.
The objectives of the Tribunal are to:
- promote the sustainable development of natural and physical resources and the maintenance of ecological processes and genetic diversity;
- provide for the fair, orderly and sustainable use and development of air, land and water;
- encourage public involvement in resource management and planning;
- facilitate economic development in accordance with these objectives; and
- promote the sharing of responsibility for resource management and planning between the different spheres of Government, the community and industry in Tasmania.
The Tribunal hears appeals under 22 Tasmanian Acts, which state what decisions can be appealed and who may appeal.
Resource Management and Planning Appeal Tribunal website