What is Appropriate Behaviour?
Inappropriate behaviour by you or the person you are visiting will not be tolerated and may result in the visit being stopped.
- During a contact visit a greeting and goodbye embrace and kiss is acceptable.
- Prisoners and visitors may hold hands during the course of the visit.
- Other physical contact such as prolonged or frequent touching and kissing which is deemed to be inappropriate by prison staff will not be permitted and may result in termination of the visit.
- Lewd, inappropriate, offensive or disruptive behaviour will result in the termination of the visit.
- People who are believed to be under the influence of a substance will not be allowed to enter the prison or will be asked to leave the visit.