Family violence reforms
The Government is seeking your feedback on the Consultation Paper Family Violence: Strengthening Our Legal Responses.
The Consultation Paper Family Violence: Strengthening Our Legal Responses invites your feedback on seven issues identified for discussion as options to strengthen legislative frameworks to hold perpetrators of family violence to account and to improve the safety of victims of family violence.
The issues for consideration include:
- breaches of protection orders by protected persons
- mandatory reporting of family violence
- definition of ‘family relationship’
- law of self-defence in the context of family violence
- effects of tendering no evidence in family violence cases
- persistent contraventions of family violence order - perpetrator declarations
- consequences of a persistent perpetrator of family violence declaration.
Please send your comments to the Department of Justice on the:
- Consultation Paper by Monday 6 February 2017
All submissions will be treated in strict confidence.
Department of Justice
Office of Strategic Legislation and Policy
GPO Box 825
Hobart TAS 7001