Scope of the draft Tasmanian Planning Policies - Have your say
The Tasmanian Government is seeking your input on the scope of the draft Tasmanian Planning Policies (TPPs).
The TPPs are being developed to provide the first comprehensive, high-level policy framework for the planning system.
The TPPs will shape the future for Tasmania through informing strategic land use planning and the planning rules in the Tasmanian Planning Scheme. The TPPs will also guide the comprehensive review of the 3 regional land use strategies in line with the recommendations from the Premier’s Economic and Social Recovery Advisory Council (PESRAC) report released in March 2021.
The TPPs will cover important issues not just for planners and decision makers, but for all Tasmanians. Over the next 6 weeks you are invited to review the scope of the draft TPPs and think about what other topics and issues should be included.
The comment period for this consultation is now closed.
Submissions will be treated as public information and will be published on our website at http://www.justice.tas.gov.au/community-consultation.
Submissions will be published once the review has concluded.
No personal information other than an individual’s name or the organisation making a submission will be published.
For further information, please contact the Planning Policy Unit via email Planning.Unit@justice.tas.gov.au or read the Tasmanian Government Public Submissions Policy (external link).
Important information to note
- Your name (or the name of the organisation) will be published unless you request otherwise.
- In the absence of a clear indication that a submission is intended to be treated as confidential (or parts of the submission), the Department will treat the submission as public.
- If you would like your submission treated as confidential, whether in whole or in part, please indicate this in writing at the time of making your submission clearly identifying the parts of your submission you want to remain confidential and the reasons why. In this case, your submission will not be published to the extent of that request.
- Copyright in submissions remains with the author(s), not with the Tasmanian Government.
- The Department will not publish, in whole or in part, submissions containing defamatory or offensive material. If your submission includes information that could enable the identification of other individuals then either all or parts of the submission will not be published.
Accessibility of submissions
The Government recognises that not all individuals or groups are equally placed to access and understand information. We are therefore committed to ensuring Government information is accessible and easily understood by people with diverse communication needs.
Where possible, please consider typing your submission in plain English and providing it in a format such as Microsoft Word or equivalent.
The Government cannot however take responsibility for the accessibility of documents provided by third parties.
The Right to Information Act 2009 and confidentiality
Information provided to the Government may be provided to an applicant under the provisions of the Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI). If you have indicated that you wish all or part of your submission to be treated as confidential, your statement detailing the reasons may be taken into account in determining whether or not to release the information in the event of an RTI application for assessed disclosure. You may also be contacted to provide any further comment.