Draft Residential Housing Supply Bill 2018
In response to the Housing Summit that was hosted by the Premier on 15 March 2018, the Tasmanian Government has prepared the draft Residential Housing Supply Bill 2018 to enable the rezoning of certain areas of surplus government land to assist in alleviating Tasmania’s current housing shortage.
Targeted consultation has been sought on the draft Bill. The consultation period closed on 14 May 2018 and 17 submissions were received during the consultation period. A further 4 submissions were received as late submissions. The submissions have raised a number of issues that are being carefully considered by the Tasmanian Government.
Accessibility of submissions
The Government recognises that not all individuals or groups are equally placed to access and understand information. We are therefore committed to ensuring Government information is accessible and easily understood by people with diverse communication needs.
Where possible, please consider typing your submission in plain English and providing it in a format such as Microsoft Word or equivalent.
The Government cannot however take responsibility for the accessibility of documents provided by third parties.
Important information to note
- Your name (or the name of the organisation) will be published unless you request otherwise.
- In the absence of a clear indication that a submission is intended to be treated as confidential (or parts of the submission), the Department will treat the submission as public.
- If you would like your submission treated as confidential, whether in whole or in part, please indicate this in writing at the time of making your submission clearly identifying the parts of your submission you want to remain confidential and the reasons why. In this case, your submission will not be published to the extent of that request.
- Copyright in submissions remains with the author(s), not with the Tasmanian Government.
- The Department will not publish, in whole or in part, submissions containing defamatory or offensive material. If your submission includes information that could enable the identification of other individuals then either all or parts of the submission will not be published.
The Right to Information Act 2009 and confidentiality
Information provided to the Government may be provided to an applicant under the provisions of the Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI). If you have indicated that you wish all or part of your submission to be treated as confidential, your statement detailing the reasons may be taken into account in determining whether or not to release the information in the event of an RTI application for assessed disclosure. You may also be contacted to provide any further comment.