Tasmanian Government Logo

Resign as a Justice of the Peace

At any time, an appointed justice may resign from the office of Justice of the Peace by notifying the Secretary of the Department of Justice, in writing, of their resignation, as set out in the Justices of the Peace Act 2018 (external link).

You may resign as a justice by filling in and submitting the online form below.

You may also resign in writing to the Secretary of the Department at GPO Box 825, Hobart, 7001 or by emailing your resignation letter to JP@justice.tas.gov.au.

Your resignation will take effect when the notice of resignation is received by the Secretary.