Tasmanian Government Logo
Link to the Tas government site

How to revoke a Deed of Relationship

You will need to:

One or both parties can lodge the application. If only one party is making application, the application form MUST be accompanied by proof of service of the other party to the deed.

Lodge the application

By post

Applications must be forwarded to:

Births, Deaths and Marriages
30 Gordons Hill Road
Rosny Park  Tasmania 7018

In person

Lodge in person at 30 Gordons Hill Road, Rosny, Tasmania.

Please Note: If lodging the application in person, you will need to make an appointment - ph: 1300 135 513.

What happens after I lodge the application to revoke a Deed of Relationship?

After the lodgment of the application to revoke a Deed of Relationship, the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages will consider the application and may require additional information from the applicants.

If the application is in order the Registrar will revoke the deed.  Revocation will be refused if either party withdraws.

When will the revocation of relationship take effect?

The relationship is revoked 90 days after the application has been lodged.  During the 90 day 'cooling off period' the Registrar may seek additional information and either party may withdraw the application.

Is there a certificate available as proof that a relationship has been revoked?

Either party may apply for a standard Revocation of Deed of Relationship certificate from Births, Deaths and Marriages.  Please note, once a relationship is revoked, a decorative relationship certificate is no longer available.

How to withdraw an application for Revocation of Relationship

You can withdraw your application to Revoke a Registered Deed of Relationship at any time during the 90 day period between lodging your application and the revocation being finalised by:

There is no fee payable for lodgement of this form.  However, the original payment for lodging the application for the revocation of a Registered Deed of Relationship form is not refundable. If you wish to re-apply you will need to submit a new application.

Applications must be posted or lodged in person to 30 Gordons Hill Road, Rosny Park, Tasmania

Please Note: If lodging the application in person, you will need to make an appointment - ph: 1300 135 513.

PDFs require a PDF reader to be viewed. Follow this link to download a PDF reader or contact us if you would like to request the publication in an alternative format.