Information for marriage celebrants

For information about the amended Marriage Act, including the latest marriage forms visit the Marriage equality in Australia web page.

To become a civil marriage celebrant contact the Commonwealth Attorney-General's Department (external link).

To become a religious marriage celebrant contact the nominating authority of your denomination.

To update your contact details complete the following form Celebrant Change of Contact Details Form (DOCX, 82.0 KB)

To help you complete marriage documents use the following form Checklist for Marriage Documents (DOCX, 81.3 KB)

Post marriage documents for ceremonies held in Tasmania to:

Births, Deaths and Marriages Tasmania

30 Gordons Hill Road

Rosny Park  Tasmania  7018

If you need more details, contact us.

Updated: 16th October 2018