Tasmanian Government Logo
Link to the Tas government site


It is a legal requirement for marriages in Tasmania to be registered.

If you wish to apply for a certificate, there are 2 types available:

Standard Marriage Certificate

  • Contains all details of the married parties. It may be required as evidence of  change of surname (if applicable) with places such as the Passport Office.

Extract of Marriage

  • Contains names, and date and place of marriage only. It is not suitable for most identification purposes.