Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Department’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider is Converge International. The EAP is a comprehensive service that contributes to wellbeing in the workplace and is available to all employees.
The EAP offers free confidential, personal coaching and counselling services that provide immediate support across a range of issues. The personal counselling element of the service is Employee Assist. In addition to Employee Assist, Converge International provides support in specialist areas including Manager Assist, Career Assist, Money Assist, Conflict Assist and Lifestyle Assist. These services provide access to qualified professionals including psychologists, social workers, specialist counsellors and management coaches.
The Converge International intake team can be contacted by:
- phone 1300 687 327
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
The service is available from 8.00am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday with an after-hours messaging service available on the same number as above. Calls are managed through a dedicated rapid response team at all times and if your call is urgent, immediate phone counselling is available.
All contact with Converge International is highly confidential and you can be assured that your details will not be passed to anyone in the department.
You can arrange to speak with a consultant over the phone or meet face-to-face. Consultations can be conducted at Converge International offices throughout Tasmania.
Availability of Service
The service is available to:
- all employees of the Department on a statewide basis
- all Statutory and judicial appointees associated with the Department of Justice
- all immediate family members of employees can access the service with the approval of the Director Human Resources, EAP Coordinator or Staff Counsellor (For contact details please see below)
- members of the public who from time to time may be involved in a potential critical incident associated with the departments activities
Department contact details
- EAP Coordinator
Susan Johnson 6165 4915
- Director Human Resources
Kerrie Crowder 6165 4936
To find out more information regarding some of the services Converge International provides please refer to the documents listed below:
Further information on the services available via the EAP is detailed below
- Employee Assist
Receive assistance for a broad range of personal and work related issues
- Manager Assist
Coaching and advice to assist with a variety of people management issues and develop your leadership competencies
- Conflict Assist
Strategies, tools and coaching to deal with difficult workplace and personal situations
- Career Assist
Career development and planning, resume and job seeking assistance, interview skills, vocational counselling
- Money Assist (PDF, 399.1 KB)
Financial counselling to help you work through financial wellbeing concerns
- Lifestyle Assist
Manage addictive behaviours; promote nutrition and fitness, to increase mental and physical wellbeing
EAP Access Procedure
This service can be accessed in three (3) ways:
- Referral through EAP Coordinator
- Referral through Manager or Supervisor
The EAP provider will at all times strictly adhere to confidentiality.
The EAP coordinator:
- is the primary contact person for all employees who have questions regarding access to, or information about any of the services provided by the EAP
- will not pass any confidential employee information to any member of the department
- maintains the relationship between the department and the EAP provider
- can refer employees to the EAP if required
- will liaise with the EAP provider if there is workplace issue identified during consultation with and employee
The Department of Justice EAP Coordinator is Susan Johnson and can be contacted on: