Tasmanian Government Logo

Department of Justice

Working with Children on Facebook

Change your details

You must notify the us within 10 working days if your details change.

Visit My Registration if any of the following have changed (you will be sent a SMS or email verification code to access your registration details):

  • residential / postal address details
  • class of registration
  • telephone numbers
  • email address
  • employment and volunteering details
  • overseas offence details
  • family violence order details
  • restraint orders / apprehended violence orders
  • child protection orders

Change from volunteer to employment/volunteer

  1. Visit My Registration
  2. Update the class of registration from volunteer to employment/volunteer
  3. List the details of your employer/s and volunteer bodies and pay the change of class fee online by credit card or defer the payment and visit Service Tasmania to pay. After the fee has been paid, a new registration card will be sent to you within 21 days,

Note: It is an offence to work while holding a volunteer class of registration and it is an offence for an employer to engage a person to work while holding a volunteer class of registration.  To work with vulnerable people a person must hold employment/volunteer class registration.

Change of name

You will not be able to update your name online as evidence must be provided.

To change your name, visit  Service Tasmania with evidence of your new name. For proof of identity requirements see the Proof of Identity  (pdf, 188.2 KB) fact sheet.

A paper form is available for interstate or overseas applicants not able to visit a Service Tasmania shop.  Please contact us to request the form.

Change of criminal history

If your criminal history has changed since you were first registered, you must notify the Working with Vulnerable People Registration in writing within ten (10) working days of being charged, convicted of, or found guilty of a relevant offence (Section 47 of the Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Act 2013). A relevant offence is outlined in Section 3 of the Act.

Replacement Card

You can apply for a replacement card through My Registration. The fee can be paid online. A new card will be posted to you within 21 days of payment being made.

Change of sex

To record a change of sex please contact us so we can provide details of what is required as evidence.

If you require assistance, you can contact us.

Phone: 1300 654 499

Email: workingwithchildren@justice.tas.gov.au

Share This

Share on Facebook Share on twitter Share on Linked In Share on Google Plus