How it works
To apply, you need to:
- complete the online application form below (in English)
- print the application receipt which will be generated when you complete the application or write down your reference number
- pay the application fee (online by credit card or at Service Tasmania)
You must then visit a Service Tasmania Shop to:
We cannot begin to process your application until all steps have been completed.
What information you will need to have ready
- the full address of every place you have lived over the last five years (including dates you lived at the addresses)
- details for each organisation you will be doing paid or volunteer child-related work for including the name, address, phone number, contact person, start date and email address
- your place of birth
- details of periods you have lived outside of Australia (including dates you lived in those countries)
- details of any overseas offences
- details of any family violence orders, restraint orders, apprehended violence orders, child protection orders (taken out against you)
- drivers licence number and expiry date if you intend to use this to prove your identity.
What you will need to fill the online application
- an internet connection
- a printer of reasonable quality and Adobe Acrobat Reader or Open Office to print your application receipt
- If no printer is available record the reference number and take that to Service Tasmania.
Volunteer only $18.36
The application fee can be paid online (by credit card) or delayed and paid at Service Tasmania.
The fee is non refundable.
Payment methods accepted at Service Tasmania include cash, Visa, MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque or money order.