How it works
To apply for a Working with Vulnerable People Registration, you need to:
- complete the online application form below (in English)
- print the 'Application Receipt' which will be generated when you complete the application or write down your reference number
- pay the application fee (online by credit card or at Service Tasmania)
To complete the process you must attend a Service Tasmania Shop to:
We cannot begin to process your application until all steps have been completed.
Please note: If you present to Service Tasmania without your 'Application Receipt' or reference number, you can still complete your application by providing your name and date of birth to the Customer Service Operator.
What information you will need to have ready
In order to fill in an application, you will need:
- the full address of every place you have lived over the last five years (including dates you lived at the addresses)
- details for each organisation you will be doing paid or volunteer child-related work for including details such as the name, address, phone number, contact person, start date and email address
- your place of birth
- details of periods you have lived outside of Australia (including dates you lived in those countries)
- details of any overseas offences
- details of any family violence orders, restraint orders, apprehended violence orders, child protection orders (taken out against you)
- drivers licence number and expiry date if you intend to use this to prove your identity.
What you will need to fill the online application
You must have:
- an internet connection
- a printer of reasonable quality and Adobe Acrobat Reader or Open Office to print your 'Application Receipt'.
- If no printer is available record the reference number and take that to Service Tasmania.
How much is the fee?
Volunteer only $18.36
The application fee can be paid online (by credit card) or delayed and paid at Service Tasmania.
The fee is not refundable. This means you pay the fee regardless of whether you withdraw your application or if your application is unsuccessful.
Payment methods accepted at Service Tasmania include cash, Visa, MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque or money order.
What if I Volunteer and Work with Vulnerable People (children)?
If you intend to use your Working with Vulnerable People Registration for Volunteering and Employment during the three years of registration you should advise this at the time of your initial application. Completing this detail on the application will save applicants from incurring additional cost at a later stage.