How it works
To apply, you need to:
- complete the online application form below (in English)
- print the application receipt which will be generated when you complete the application or write down your reference number
- pay the application fee (online by credit card or at Service Tasmania)
You must then visit a Service Tasmania Shop to:
We cannot begin to process your application until all steps have been completed.
What information you will need to have ready
- the full address of every place you have lived over the last five years (including dates you lived at the addresses)
- details for each organisation you will be doing paid or volunteer child-related work for including the name, address, phone number, contact person, start date and email address
- your place of birth
- details of periods you have lived outside of Australia (including dates you lived in those countries)
- details of any overseas offences
- details of any family violence orders, restraint orders, apprehended violence orders, child protection orders (taken out against you)
- drivers licence number and expiry date if you intend to use this to prove your identity.
What you will need to fill the online application
- an internet connection
- a printer of reasonable quality and Adobe Acrobat Reader or Open Office to print your application receipt
- If no printer is available record the reference number and take that to Service Tasmania.
From 1 July 2016:
Volunteer only $18.36
From 1 July 2017:
Volunteer only $18.60
The fee is non refundable.
Payment methods accepted at Service Tasmania include cash, Visa, MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque or money order.