Tasmanian Government Logo

Department of Justice

Overseas trained applicants - plumbing provisional licence

Guide to licensing services online (pdf, 2.7 MB)

Before you start


If you want to work as a plumber in Tasmania you must hold the relevant licence. Your registration will be restricted to working under direct supervision while you undertake further study here in Tasmania with TasTAFE or a registered training organisation.

Contractor / self-employed

To get a plumbing contractor licence as a self-employed person, it may be necessary to complete further training units. To achieve certifier level in plumbing, talk to TasTAFE and complete the required courses.

Take the next step to apply for a plumbing provisional licence