Civil Designer Application
Civil and structural engineering designs all classes and unrestricted in size.
Applying for a licence
- Complete a Building Service Providers Application form (pdf, 716.5 KB), selecting the Civil Designer class.
- Attach a copy of your qualifications (the following is the minimum required):
- a Degree in Engineering (AQF-7) AND at least three years’ relevant experience practising within the scope of work for Civil Designer; or
- A technical engineering qualification of at least AQF level 6 AND at least five years’ relevant experience within the scope of work for Civil Designer.
- Attach a statement of experience or a curriculum vitae (CV). This should be in summary form and include:
- a list of projects you have worked on;
- project size in square metres;
- number of storeys; and
- your role and contact details for verification purposes.
- Attach two written references from referees who are able to testify as to your experience in the scope of work for which you are applying to be licensed
- Insurance - attach a certificate of currency for Professional Indemnity Insurance ($1 million)
- Lodge all documentation at any Service Tasmania Shop
- Pay the licence fee
- Have the photo taken for your licence card
Interstate applications using post and paying by credit card or cheque must include a passport size photo for their licence card.
$372.00 - Annual licence / renewal fee
$999.75 - Triennial licence / renewal fee
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) - renewal applicants only
When you renew your licence, you will need to verify on your application that you have undertaken the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD). CPD equates to 20 points per year or the aggregate of 60 points over a three year licence period (renewal applicants only).
Lost your Licence Card?
- Complete the Replacement Licence Card Application form (pdf, 133.3 KB)
- Take it to any Service Tasmania Shop
- Pay $38.75
- You will receive your card in 10-14 business days.