Application and renewal
There are 2 classes for Building Surveyor:
- Building Surveyor
- Building Surveyor Limited
- Complete an Building Services Application form (pdf, 716.5 KB), select the classes you are qualified to work in.
- Attach a statement of your experience (e.g. a curriculum vitae), your qualifications and references from past employers affirming the class of work you have applied for
- an advanced Diploma and 3 years relevant experience is required for a Building Surveyor Limited;
- a degree and 3 years relevant experience is required for a Building Surveyor .
- Attach a copy of your certificate of currency for your Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy ($1 million minimum)
- Pay at any Service Tasmania shop, Have a photograph taken for your licence card.
- Interstate applications using post and paying by credit card or cheque must include a passport size photo for the licence card.
$372.00 - Annual licence / renewal fee
$999.75 - Triennial licence / renewal fee
It is important that you understand your licensing responsibilities and obligations under the Occupational Licensing Act 2005 and the Occupational Licensing (Building Services Work) Regulations 2016 and the Scheme for the accreditation of building practitioners.
When you renew your licence you will need to verify Continuing Professional Development (CPD). CPD equates to 30 points per year or the aggregate of 90 points over a three year licence period.
Replacing a lost card
- Complete the Replacement Licence Application form (pdf, 133.3 KB)
- Take it to any Service Tasmania shop
- Pay $38.75
- You will receive your card in 10-14 days.