Building services designer application
There are 4 categories:
- Mechanical Services;
- Electrical Services;
- Hydraulic Services; and
- Fire Services.
And 3 classes:
- Complete an Building Services Provider Application form (pdf, 716.5 KB), select the classes you are qualified to work in.
- Attach a statement of your experience (e.g. curriculum vitae), your qualifications and references from past employers affirming the class(es) of work you have applied for:
- Restricted - an appropriate advanced diploma and three years relevant experience;
- Limited - an appropriate diploma and two years relevant experience; and
- Domestic - an appropriate certificate iv and two years relevant experience.
- Attach a copy of the certificate of currency for your Professional indemnity Insurance Policy ($1 million Restricted class, $750,000 Limited class, $500,000 Domestic class).
- Pay at any Service Tasmania shop. Have a photograph taken for your Licence card.
- Interstate applications using post and paying by credit card or cheque must include a passport size photo for the Licence card.
$372.00 - Annual licence / renewal fee
$999.75 - Triennial licence / renewal fee
It is important that you understand your licensing responsibilities and obligations under the
When you renew your licence you will need to verify on your application that you have undertaken the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD). CPD equates to 20 points per year or the aggregate of 60 points over a three year licence period.
Replacing a lost card
- Complete the Replacement Licence Application form (pdf, 133.3 KB)
- Take it to any Service Tasmania shop
- Pay $38.75
- You will receive your card in 10-14 business days.