Building Designer Application
Building Designers can be licensed in one of three classes:
- Architectural Restricted;
- Architectural Limited; and
- Architectural Domestic.
- Complete a Building Services Provider Application form (pdf, 716.5 KB), select the classes you are qualified to work in.
- Attach a statement of your experience (e.g a curriculum vitae), your qualifications and references from past employers affirming the class of work you have applied for:
- Architectural Restricted - advanced diploma in building design and 3 years’ relevant experience;
- Architectural Limited - a diploma in building design and two years’ relevant experience; and
- Architectural Domestic - a certificate IV in building design and at least 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Attach a copy of your Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy ($1 million Restricted, $750,000 Limited, $500,000 Domestic) and contract works insurance if applicable.
- Pay at any Service Tasmania shop, Have the photo taken for your accreditation card.
- Interstate applications using post and paying by credit card or cheque must include a passport size photo for the licence card.
$372.00 - Annual licence fee
$999.75 - Triennial licence / renewal fee
It is important that you understand your licensing responsibilities and obligations under the Occupational Licensing Act 2005, the Occupational Licensing (Building Services Work) Regulations 2016 and the Scheme for the accreditation of building practitioners.
When you renew your licence, you will need to confirm on your application that you have undertaken Continuing Professional Development (CPD). For a Building Designer the value is 20 points per year. For those renewing triennially, points can be averaged over that three year licensing period.
Lost your Licence Card?
- Complete the Replacement Licence Card Application form (pdf, 133.3 KB)
- Take it to any Service Tasmania shop
- Pay $38.75
- You will receive your card in 10-14 days