Tasmanian Government Logo

Department of Justice

Appeals (review of decision)

The Director of Building Control can accept a complaint from a Building Practitioner and make a decision. The Building Practitioner can have the decision independently reviewed if they disagree with the decision.

The Building Practitioner should contact the Resource Management and Planning Appeals Tribunal Registry to find out how to lodge the appeal.

If you have a concern regarding a decision made about your licensing (formerly accreditation) you can lodge a complaint under the Occupational Licensing Act 2005 with the Magistrates Court.