Identification requirements for Registering a Deed of Relationship in Tasmania
Acceptable evidence of identity, age and residency in Tasmania must be provided. Each applicant must provide one document from both List 1 and List 2. If evidence from Lists 1 or 2 does not reveal current residential address, at least one piece of evidence from List 3 must be produced.
LIST 1 - Evidence of date and place of birth
- Birth certificate; or
Statutory Declaration supported by one of the following documents displaying the date and place of birth of the applicant:
- Citizenship papers
- Australian Passport, Foreign Passport/Visa
- Department of Immigration & Multicultural & Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) issued travel documents, including a visa.
LIST 2 - Linkage between identity and person and use of identity
- Current photo driver's licence
- Current photo firearms licence
- Plastic bank/credit card, with signature
- Medicare card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)/Centrelink pensioner concession card
- Birth, Deaths and Marriages (BDM) Change of name/Marriage certificate (to prove name change only)
- Photo security guard/crowd controller licence
- Defence Force or Police service photo ID card
LIST 3 - Evidence of residential address
- DIMIA Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status
- Bank statement, utility account (with proof of payment)
- Certificate of vehicle registration
- Any of the documents listed in List 1 or 2 above revealing the applicants current residential address
All documents must be current and either original or certified by a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations as being a true copy of the original sighted by them.