- The issue of a standard birth, death, marriage, change of name, relationship or single status certificate.
Priority Service Standard Certificate
- This service ensures that an approved and completed standard certificate application will be processed and issued the same day it is applied for.
Decorative Birth Certificate
- Please note, you cannot use decorative certificates for official purposes, such as proof of identity.
Standard Birth and Decorative Certificate Package
- Standard Birth Certificate plus Decorative Certificate.
Standard Certificate Extended Search
- A standard certificate includes a five year search of the index of any one name. For every additional five years requested the extended search fee will apply. (Includes issue of certificate)
|$48.05 plus $17.05
Medical Certificate of Cause of Death (post 1970 deaths only)
- A certified copy of the original medical certificate showing cause of death only.
Change of Name Registration
- Application to register a change of name including issue of change of name certificate.
Deed of Relationship Registration
- Application to register a deed of relationship. Please note, this does not include issue of a certificate.
Revoke Deed of Relationship
- Application for the revocation of a deed of relationship. Please note, this does not include issue of a certificate.
Change of Sex Registration
- Application to register a change of sex. Please note, this does not include issue of a certificate.
Correct a Record in the Register
- Application to amend information in the register. Please note this does not include issue of a replacement certificate.
Add Parent or Marriage to a Birth Record (both parents apply)
- The addition to the register of details of either parent or his/her marriage - if application made by both parents.
Add Parent or Marriage to a Birth (one parent only)
- The addition to the register of details of either parent or of his/her marriage - if application made by one parent.
Your certificate will be sent by standard mail. Alternatively you can pay for postage as follows:
Express Postage (within Australia)
- This fee only covers postage. Standard certificate processing times still apply. Please note, we do not send decorative certificates by Express Post.
Registered Postage (within Australia)
International Registered Postage
Extended Search Fees:
If the date of a birth, death or marriage is unknown (e.g. family history searches) an extended fee will apply. For searches of more than 5 years, please add an additional $17.05 for each 5 year period.