- The issue of a standard birth, death, marriage, change of name, relationship or single status certificate.
Priority Service Standard Certificate
- This service ensures that an approved and completed standard certificate application will be processed and issued the same day it is applied for.
Decorative Birth Certificate
- Please note, you cannot use decorative certificates for official purposes, such as proof of identity.
Standard Birth and Decorative Certificate Package
- Standard Birth Certificate plus Decorative Certificate.
Standard Certificate Extended Search
- A standard certificate includes a five year search of the index of any one name. For every additional five years requested the extended search fee will apply. (Includes issue of certificate)
|$45.88 plus $16.28
Medical Certificate of Cause of Death (post 1970 deaths only)
- A certified copy of the original medical certificate showing cause of death only.
Change of Name Registration
- Application to register a change of name including issue of change of name certificate.
Deed of Relationship Registration
- Application to register a deed of relationship. Please note, this does not include issue of a certificate.
Revoke Deed of Relationship
- Application for the revocation of a deed of relationship. Please note, this does not include issue of a certificate.
Change of Sex Registration
- Application to register a change of sex. Please note, this does not include issue of a certificate.
Correct a Record in the Register
- Application to amend information in the register. Please note this does not include issue of a replacement certificate.
Add Parent or Marriage to a Birth Record (both parents apply)
- The addition to the register of details of either parent or his/her marriage - if application made by both parents.
Add Parent or Marriage to a Birth (one parent only)
- The addition to the register of details of either parent or of his/her marriage - if application made by one parent.
Your certificate will be sent by standard mail. Alternatively you can pay for postage as follows:
Express Postage (within Australia)
- This fee only covers postage. Standard certificate processing times still apply. Please note, we do not send decorative certificates by Express Post.
|Registered Postage (within Australia)
|International Registered Postage
Extended Search Fees:
If the date of a birth, death or marriage is unknown (e.g. family history searches) an extended fee will apply. For searches of more than 5 years, please add an additional $16.83 for each 5 year period.